PetroChina Bids on Singapore Petroleum

Via China Knowledge, a report that PetroChina offered to purchase a 45.51% stake in Singapore Petroleum Company from Keppel Corporation for S$ 1.47 billion.   PetroChina noted that a mandatory general offer for the remaining 54.49% stake will be made if approval for the initial bid is received on or before 24 July.  Singapore Petroleum is engaged in business in China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Australia.

This entry was posted on Monday, May 25th, 2009 at 6:43 am and is filed under China, Petrochina.  You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.  Both comments and pings are currently closed. 

Comments are closed.

Wildcats & Black Sheep is a personal interest blog dedicated to the identification and evaluation of maverick investment opportunities arising in frontier - and, what some may consider to be, “rogue” or “black sheep” - markets around the world.

Focusing primarily on The New Seven Sisters - the largely state owned petroleum companies from the emerging world that have become key players in the oil & gas industry as identified by Carola Hoyos, Chief Energy Correspondent for The Financial Times - but spanning other nascent opportunities around the globe that may hold potential in the years ahead, Wildcats & Black Sheep is a place for the adventurous to contemplate & evaluate the emerging markets of tomorrow.